Guduchi is a herb that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous health benefits. it is also known as Tinospora cordifolia. In this article, we will take you through the various benefits of Guduchi and why you should incorporate it into your daily routine.
Guduchi is a herb that is found in tropical and subtropical regions. It is a climbing shrub that can grow up to 30 meters in length and has heart-shaped leaves. The stem of the Guduchi plant is the most prized part of the herb and is used in Ayurvedic medicine due to its potent medicinal properties.
In Ayurvedic medicine, Guduchi is known as “Amrita,” which means “nectar of immortality.” This is because of its ability to promote longevity and enhance overall health. Ayurveda considers Guduchi a “Rasayana,” which means it has the ability to rejuvenate the body and mind. It is believed to balance the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and promote overall well-being.
Guduchi is considered an adaptogen, which means it helps the body adapt to stress. It helps the body cope with physical, mental, and emotional stressors and promotes overall resilience. Adaptogens are known for their ability to balance the endocrine system and promote hormonal balance. Guduchi is also known for its potent antioxidant properties, which help protect the body from oxidative stress.
Guduchi powder is made by drying and grinding the stem of the Guduchi plant. It is a versatile herb that can be used in various forms, including powder, capsules, and teas. Here are some of the most notable health benefits of Guduchi powder:
Guduchi is known for its immune-boosting properties. It helps stimulate the production of white blood cells, which are responsible for fighting infections and diseases. Guduchi is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce inflammation in the body and promote overall immunity.
Guduchi is a powerful herb for managing diabetes. It helps regulate blood sugar levels and promotes insulin sensitivity. Guduchi is also known for its anti-diabetic properties, which help reduce the risk of developing diabetes-related complications.
Guduchi is a potent herb for digestive health. It helps promote healthy digestion and regulates bowel movements. Guduchi is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce inflammation in the digestive tract and promote overall gut health.
Guduchi is a potent herb for skin care. It helps promote healthy and glowing skin by reducing inflammation and protecting the skin from oxidative stress. Guduchi is also known for its anti-aging properties, which help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Managing Stress and Anxiety:-
Guduchi is a powerful herb for managing stress and anxiety. It helps promote a sense of calmness and relaxation and reduces the levels of stress hormones in the body. Guduchi is also known for its adaptogenic properties, which help the body cope with stressors.
It helps promote healthy lung function and reduces the risk of respiratory infections. Guduchi is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract and promote overall respiratory health.
It helps detoxify the liver and promotes healthy liver function. Guduchi is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce inflammation in the liver and promote overall liver health.
It helps reduce inflammation in the joints and promotes healthy joint function. Guduchi is also known for its anti-arthritic properties, which help reduce the risk of developing arthritis-related complications.
t helps regulate menstrual cycles and promotes hormonal balance. Guduchi is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce inflammation in the reproductive system and promote overall reproductive health.
Guduchi regulates lipid metabolism and antioxidant capabilities which guards the heart against infarction.
Guduchi has a neuroprotective activity that regulates the brain’s antioxidant enzyme system and maintains its dopaminergic neurons.
Advantages of Using Guduchi:-
Here few other benefits of Guduchi
- It raises blood platelet levels so any patient who suffers from fever from swine flu, dengue fever, and malaria.
- It reduces respiratory issues like colds, asthma, and tonsillitis due to its inflammatory properties
- It lowers the phospholipids, cholesterol, and free fatty acids levels
- It helps in the treatment of leprosy
- It helps in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus infection
- It guards against stress-related ulcers
- It prevents the decrease of white blood cells brought on by chemotherapy
- It decreased the urea levels with elevated blood urea levels
- You can use Guduchi powder with ginger which helps in reducing joint pain
- You can use Guduch powder heated with water then let it cool for a time and put this water into the eyelids for improving vision
- You can increase nutritious value by adding the dried and powdered leaves of Guduchi
- You can use Guduchi powder for arthritis
- If someone has skin diseases, liver disorders, dizziness, etc can use it with the combination of sugar candy
Side Effects of Guduchi
Some individuals may experience digestive discomforts, such as abdominal pain, nausea, or diarrhea when taking Guduchi supplements or preparations.
Lower blood pressure:-
Guduchi may have a blood pressure-lowering effect. If you have low blood pressure or are taking medications to lower blood pressure, it is important to use Guduchi with caution, as it may further decrease blood pressure levels
Guduchi is known for its immune-enhancing properties. While this can be beneficial for most people, individuals with autoimmune conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis or multiple sclerosis, may experience an exacerbation of their symptoms due to increased immune activity.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding:-
It is advisable for pregnant or breastfeeding women to consult with a healthcare professional before using Guduchi to assess its safety and potential benefits.
Guduchi has been reported to lower blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes or are taking medications to control blood sugar, it is advisable to monitor your blood sugar levels closely when using Guduchi, as it may interact with diabetes
Precautions for Using Guduchi:-
If you taking Guduchi in the correct dosages then it is usually regarded as safe. but you should take some precautions before taking Guduchi.
Mainly there should be safety measures for pregnant and breastfeeding women. so at this time, Guduchi can be taken only if it is directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
Who should not take Guduchi:-
- Guduchi can impact blood sugar levels during any surgery. it can be very difficult to control blood sugar levels during any surgery or after any surgery. so before any scheduled surgery, you should stop taking Guduchi at least two weeks in advance.
- Someone who has an autoimmune disease can suffer from an immune system more active with Guduchi. these diseases are Rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, lupus, or other conditions. it may exacerbate autoimmune disease symptoms. so someone who has these disorders should not take Guduchi.
In summary, now these are all health benefits of Guduchi and how it can implement in anyone’s life. but you should remember that excess use of Guduchi can be harmful and before consuming it you must consult your doctor.
Q1:- What is Guduchi good for?
Ans:- It decrease some respiratory problems for example cold and cough, tonsil infection, and asthma
Q2:- Is Guduchi good for uric acid?
Ans:- Yes Guduchi is good for uric acid
Q3:- What are the side effects of Guduchi?
Ans:- constipation and stomach irritation