Nowadays we all are facing stress which is related to our workplace. it affects an individual’s physical and mental health. People are feeling frustration, and anxiety and do not sleep properly at night due to workplace stress. workplace stress affects both employee and employer mental and physical health. so if you all want to know about the effects of workplace stress then stay tuned with this article till the end.
Effects of Workplace Stress:-
The effects of workplace stress give us harmful effects on our physical and emotional health, it affects our behavior. it does not only affects the employee but also the employer. both effects from workplace stress.
Effects on employees:-
- Sleepless night
- Gastro Problem
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Imbalanced Emotions
- Memory loss
- Lack of concentration
- Lack of decision-making
- Bad behavior toward others
- Lack of punctuality
- decrease Sexual appetite
Effects on the employer:-
Some below effects which employers face.
- Bad time management
- Poor performance and productivity
- Lack of Morale
- Absentees increase
- Lack of motivation
- Ill problem increase
- complaints from employees
Main causes of workplace stress:-
There are many consequences of workplace stress below are some causes of workplace stress:-
- Work pressure
- Changes in roles and responsibilities
- Working hours
- Job insecurity
- Bad working environment
- Toxic Relationships with colleagues
- Lack of skills
- No promotional opportunities
- Boring work
- Lack of equipment
- Long working hours
- No knowledge training
- Lack of resources
Workplace stress risk factors:-
- People can not concentrate on their work due to the issue in their surroundings
- Due to workload issues peoples get stress
- Can not able to balance the work-life causes stress
- Job insecurity is also a reason for stress.
How employers can avoid workplace stress?
- Should open conversation between employees and employer
- Provide health benefits to the employees
- Can provide meditation classes to employees
- Provide encouragement to employees to take breaks
- Provide some fun activities for employees
- Team outing
- Provide flexible timing to employees
- offer paid time off
Few things which can reduce illness due to workplace stress:-
An individual can implement various preventive measures to reduce workplace stress. These include –
- Act rather than react when situations get out of your hands.
- Take a deep breath and relax when you feel overwhelmed or come out of a tense situation.
- Eliminate interruptions caused by phone calls and emails.
- Schedule your day for energy and focus
- Eat right and sleep well
- Make the surroundings of your workplace soothing and comfortable
- Focus on one task at a time and forget multitasking
- Have lunch and take a walk during the lunch break
- Listen to the music of your choice when you travel to the office and back home
It is now evident that workplace stress affects an employee and the organization equally. This work-related stress can occur under various circumstances like target pressure, a hostile working environment, toxic relationships with others, etc. However, adjusting to the situation can never be an option. Instead, one should take specific steps to eliminate them before they start affecting one’s health adversely.
So, it’s time to identify the shortcomings that create job stress and implement steps accordingly to amplify the positive working environment and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Q1:- How you can identify workplace stress?
Ans:-if you feel frequently headaches, sleep disorders, irritation, loose self-confidence, and loose power of concentration it means these are some symptoms of workplace stress.
Q2:- What are workplace stress consequences?
Ans:- workplace stress gives you health problems, many cardiovascular diseases, stomach diseases, diabetes, and many more.
Q3:-Who affects the most by workplace stress?
Ans:- Employees, employers, and the whole organization.
Learn also about the Top 6 Best way to Boost the Immune System