There is much death which is because of diseases caused by fungi. people are dead even when these diseases can be avoidable. every people can be affected by this disease. so people must have the knowledge to prevent these situations.
in this article you will get to know all about Fungi Diseases, their types, symptoms, treatment, and prevention so stay tuned with this article.
Fungi are multi-celled and single-celled eukaryotic organisms that are present in the surrounding. some fungi can be visible to the eyes like mushrooms but some are microscopic, tiny that can be found in a multitude of forms.
Below are some diseases which are caused by fungi.
- Valley fever
- Pneumocystis pneumonia
The diseases can be of different types which depend on the fungi and other factors. so these are below:-
The most common fungal diseases are
- Vaginal candidiasis
- Fungal nail infections
- Candida infections of the mouth
- Candida infections of the throat
- Candida infections of the esophagus
Fungal diseases for low immunity system:-
- Pneumocystis pneumonia
- Candida auris infection
- Invasive candidiasis
- Cryptococcus neoformans infection
Fungal diseases caused during Travelling and living in specific areas:-
- Cryptococcus gattii infection
- Fungal eye infections
so till now, we have discussed the list of diseases caused by fungi now will discuss all the symptoms of these diseases.
Symptoms of Fungi diseases:-
- Fungal Nail Infections:- Thick, cracked, and discolored nails.
- Vaginal Candidiasis:- soreness and itching in the area of the vaginal, pain during urination, pain during sexual intercourse, vaginal discharge.
- Ringworms:- itchy skin, hair loss, cracked skin, red, scaly
- Candida Infections of the Mouth, Throat, and Esophagus:- pain during eating or swallowing anything, white patches on the tongue, loss of taste, redness or soreness.
- Pneumocystis Pneumonia:- Chest pain, cough, breathing problems, fatigue, fever, and chills
- Invasive Candidiasis:- Chills, fever, very difficult to diagnose when people are usually sick with this condition.
- Aspergillosis:- Fever, cough, headache, loose ability to smell, runny nose, weight loss, fatigue
- Talaromycosis:- Fever, cough, diarrhea, weight loss, abdominal pain, lymph nodes swollen.
- Candida Auris Infection:- Chills, fever, pain, tiredness, swelling, redness, fluid leakage
- Cryptococcus neoformans Infection:- Chest pain, cough, fever, breath shortness, headache, fever, nausea, and vomiting
- Mucormycosis:- chest pain, breath shortness, fever, cough, abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, headache
- Blastomycosis:- fever, joint pain, weight loss, chest pain, cough, fatigue
- Coccidioidomycosis:- joint pain, weight loss, fever, chest pain, cough, sweating at night, fatigue
- Histoplasmosis:- fever, chest pain, chills, headache, cough, body aches
- Cryptococcus gattii Infection:- cough, nausea, vomiting, breath shortness, chest pain, fever, headache, neck pain
- Paracoccidioidomycosis:- lymph nodes swollen, breath shortness, fever, fatigue, weight loss, liver enlarged, and spleen
- Mycetoma:- under the skin, it starts with a painless lump and then grows into an open infection which leads to small grains which contain fungal spores.
- Fungal Eye Infections: – Pain in the eye, tearing, blurred vision, redness of the eye, sensitivity to light
- Sporotrichosis:- cough, joint pain, breath shortness, chest pain, fever
Harmful Effects of Diseases:-
That people who have poor immunity systems or who are suffering from HIV/AIDS and also who are undergoing chemotherapy, or taking any steroid medication have high chances of fungal diseases.
This disease can spread to the organs like brain and heart and can give result in very complicated situations. these are the following:-
- organ failure
- Abscess formation
Risk Factors of Fungal Disease:-
Some health conditions and environments which cause fungal diseases that are the following:-
- Poor immunity system
- Organ transplantation
- Long-term usage of corticosteroids
Diagnose Fungal Diseases:-
- Blood test
- Microscopic examination of clinical samples
- Molecular diagnostics
- Antigen detection
Treatments for Fungal Diseases:-
When anyone is diagnosed with fungal diseases mostly doctors prescribe some antifungal ointments, antiseptic mouthwash, and medicines that depend on the type of fungal disease.
Prevention of Fungal diseases:-
Below are some tips so that any individual can prevent fungal diseases
- Always wash your hand when you touch any animal or anyone who is suffering from any disease.
- Never use other clothes, towels, comb, or any other skincare products
- Clean your fold area skin.
- Never walk barefoot in shower rooms
so we hope after reading this whole article you now got to know all about fungi diseases. after following this prevention and reading about these symptoms you will get the idea to consult a doctor when you face such situations.
Q1:- What are 3 common fungal diseases?
Ans:- Aspergillosis,Candida auris infection, Pneumocystis pneumonia.
Q2:- What causes fungi viruses?
Ans:- people with weakened immune systems
Q3:- What are the 4 types of germs?
Ans:- bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites
Q4:- How do fungi eat?
Ans:- absorption of nutrients from the environment around them