One of the best world’s top trends for immediate weight loss is Intermittent Fasting. People are using this eating pattern to shed some kilos from their bodies and also for improving fitness and living a proper lifestyle.
Here is the complete guide to provide you with Intermittent Fasting. Keep reading!
Intermittent Fasting is unlike most diets for weight loss. it dictates when to eat and what not to eat. in this pattern, one goes for fasting and eating. so this method includes a 24-hour fast twice a week or 16 hours.
one must have a question in his mind is this pattern healthy for your body or not so now let’s find out the answer.
Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting:-
If you do not have any disease and you are totally healthy and want to start intermittent fasting then below are its benefits:-
Help to Improve Brain Health:-
When you follow Intermittent Fasting then it helps to increase a hormone which name is a brain-derived neurotrophic factor or Abrineurin. and due to this BDNF, there is a risk of reduction of depression or other brain damage which is due to strokes.
As per the studies, If regulates mitochondrial networks and leads to healthy aging.
Help in Insulin Sensitivity:-
Intermittent Fasting helps in insulin sensitivity. it is very important for blood sugar regulation. it also helps in lowering the risk of type 2 diabetes. so Intermittent fasting improves your overall metabolic health.
Help in Heart Health:-
It reduces the risk of blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and triglycerides which is why it has positive effects on heart health. it also helps in lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Increase Human Growth Hormone:-
Human Growth Hormone plays an important role in Metabolism, fat burning, or muscle growth so Intermittent fasting increases the production of human growth hormone.
Types of Intermittent Fasting:-
There are many types of Intermittent fasting. it’s up to you what types of IF you take. below is a list of the popular schedules for IF:-
- Skip Meal:- In this method involves skipping one or two meals in a day when you are not feeling hungry. but it should be remembered to fill yourself with healthy and balanced meals when you are on a nonfasting period.
- 5:2 Fasting:- You consume only 500 to 600 calories in this method and this is twice a week. after it, you will continue on your regular diet for the rest of the week.
- 16/8:- In this method, you need to skip your breakfast and remain without eating for 8 hours. let’s take an example. you can choose your meals between 1 pm and 9 pm. Then you will on fasting for the next 16 hours.
- 24-Hour Fasting:- This method is also called as Eat-stop-Eat. In this method, you will be on fasting for 24 hours once or twice a week.
- Warrior Diet:- In this diet, you have to eat whole foods other than processed food. in this eat raw fruits and vegetables for the whole day and consume a substantial proportion of meals at night.
- Day Fasting Alternate:- in this method, you may consume 500 calories during your fasting days. As it names you need to fast every alternate day. but this diet is not recommended by doctors because you may end your day with an empty stomach and this is not a healthy way to lose weight.
How Is Intermittent Fasting Helps:-
Calorie intake reduces with the help of Intermittent fasting. Insulin levels are also lowered in IF. It boosts human growth hormone and increases norepinephrine. so these help your body break down fat and increase your metabolism.
So there are many studies to check whether IF helps in weight loss or not:-
According to the study, there are some individuals who follow the 16/8 Schedule but there is not much difference in weight loss found. but on this, the twelve-week study showed substantial evidence of muscle mass loss.
Also for alternate fasting, there were only nearly 65 percent of people who participated and remained fasting.
on the other hand, the 5:2 schedule showed weight loss and insulin levels lowered in women.
So if you want the effects of Intermittent fasting for weight loss then it totally depends on what schedule you choose, what are your lifestyle, and your eating habits. most important while choosing any fasting schedule always choose which fits your body.
What to Eat:-
Below is the list of foods that should include during your Intermittent fasting cycle.
You have to include Lean protein in your diet. it will help you to build and maintain your muscles. below are some top sources of lean protein:-
- Greek Yoghurt
Fruits and vegetables have low calorific value. they also contain vitamins, fibers, and minerals.
Below are some recommended fruits and vegetables that should include in your diet
Intermittent Fasting really works:-
- This kind of eating pattern is not for those who are habituated to eating every few hours
- Patients with diabetes should not observe intermittent fasting to avoid metabolic disturbances.
- Prolonged fasting may lead to unhealthy behavior of over-eating to substantiate the fasting.
You must also know to avoid IF if you have any of the following health conditions:-
- Individuals under medication
- Pregnant women
- People has anorexia or bulimia nervosa ( Eating Disorders)
People who do not have underlying diseases can easily try IF for a healthy life. Nutritionists expert never recommends not following IF to lose weight. also, they recommend those suffering from chronic health issues must first consult the doctor before choosing intermittent fasting.
Q1:- What can be the side effects of intermittent fasting?
Ans:- insomnia, dizziness, nausea, problems with menstruation, and migraine
Q2:- What happens after 16 hours of fasting?
Ans:- your body will go to its fat stores for energy, and fatty acids called ketones will be released into the bloodstream.
Q3:-What is the best time for intermittent fasting?
Ans:- between 7 am to 3 pm or even 10 am to 6 pm
Also Learn about the Top 5 Detox Diet for Weight Loss: What Is a Detox Drinks and foods