Every year the Number of patients diagnosed with oral cancer is increasing. most of them are above 45 years. so every year 5 percent of oral cancer are diagnosed.
oral cancer is mostly diagnosed when it spread in the lymph nodes. if it has been detected early then there could be a chance of 85 percent. if there are any symptoms seen then should consult the doctor as soon as possible.
In this article, we will discuss all Types of Oral Cancer, Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment so stay tuned with this article.
What Is Oral Cancer?
When malignant growth in your mouth and throat cavity it means you are suffering from oral cancer. if we say it is the broader category then it will come under head and neck cancer. there are some areas affected by oral cancer these are below:-
- The inner side of the cheek
- The floor of the mouth
- The roof of the mouth
Who can suffer from Oral Cancer:-
According to tho the studies men are more at risk than women of oral cancer. some oral cancer causes are below:-
- Family History
- Exposure of the face to the sun
- Sex HPV or human papillomamvirus infection.
- Weak Immunity
- Not taking proper nutrition
- Genetic disorder
Types of Oral Cancer:-
There are four types of oral cancer which are as follows:-
- Stage one:- It spread in a limited area it does not spread in the lymph node. the survival rate of this stage in five years is 85 per cent. its growth size is two cm or smaller.
- Stage two:- It also spread in a limited area and it does not spread in the lymph node. the survival rate of this stage in five years is 65 per cent. its growth size is two to four cm.
- Stage three:- It spread to one lymph node but not to other parts. the survival rate of this stage in five years is 65 per cent. its growth size is more than four cm.
- Stage Four:- It spread to the lymph node and other parts of the body. the survival rate of this stage in five years is 35 per cent. its growth is an overgrowth of the tumor.
Symptoms of Oral Cancer:-
Below are some symptoms of stage one oral cancer.
- Sores in the mouth, lips, and any other part of the oral cavity mostly take place and they do not heal on time.
- Inside the mouth, there are swelling, rough spots, and patches. its color is red or pale white.
- The growth of a tumor or lump inside the mouth
- Consistent pain
- Swallow difficulty
- Change in voice
- Huge weight loss without any effort
- Bleeding from the gum and mouth
if the first stage should detect necessary precautions then you have to go to any dental or any physician on the regular basis.
The growth of a lump inside the mouth cavity, neck, tongue, and head can be detected by any physician. the physician also will examine sores and color in tissue or irregular tissue etc.
If the doctor detects any symptoms. then the doctor will suggest you the following test to find out the spread, and stage of oral cancer.
- CT scan
- PET scan
- MRI scan
Causes of Oral Cancer:-
The main reason for oral cancer is a mutation of squamous cells. It takes place in the DNA of the cell. all instructions or any signals for the cell which performs activities by DNA. at the time of mutation. it gives a signal of the system breaks down. and when cells grow and divide give results in the death of healthy cells.
the abnormal cells keep forming tumors which subsequent oral cancer stages. if this is not treated on time then it spread from the mouth to the other parts of the body.
Treatments for Oral Cancer:-
Treatments for different types of oral cancer are the following:-
- Nutrition and Maintaining Mouth Health:- those patients who are suffering from oral cancer find it difficult to swallow food and chew food properly. due to this body does not get proper nutrition and malignancy becomes more prominent. you should go to the doctor in this condition then they prescribe medicines and food supplements which will provide improvement this condition. so maintaining mouth health is the most important thing for the treatment of oral cancer.
Surgery:- in the first stage of oral cancer surgery is a good mode of treatment. it will remove the malignant cells, lymph nodes, and tissues from the affected area.
- Targeted Therapy:- In this therapy doctor prescribed drugs that bind with particular proteins present in the cancer cells.
Chemotherapy:- in this the medicine gives to the patient via oral and intravenous mode and it kills the cancerous cells.
- Radiation:- in this therapy, the doctor targets a beam of radiation on malignant tumors in twice a day for a minimum of five days and eight weeks maximum. if there is an advanced stage of malignancy then both chemotherapy and radiotherapy give to the patient.
There is no proven way to stop oral cancer but avoiding the risk factors like tobacco consumption, adopting a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet, or consulting a doctor on the regular basis can keep you away from these diseases.
Q1:- Can high exposure to UV rays on lower lips cause oral cancer?
Ans:- Yes exposure to UV extreme on lower lips may cause oral cancer.
Q2:- What is the main cause of oral cancer?
Ans:- Most oral cancers are related to tobacco use, alcohol use (or both), or infection by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
Q3:- Which fruit is good for mouth cancer?
Ans:- Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries
Q4:- Does mouth cancer spread fast?
Ans:- Yes it spread quickly.
Also, Learn about Types of Cervical Cancer – Symptoms, Causes & Treatment