The blood supply to the different parts of the body is by the cardiovascular system. In this system heart, arteries, veins, and capillaries consist. in this article, we will read about What is Cardiovascular Disease, its types, causes, symptoms, and treatments.
What Is a Cardiovascular Disease:-
It is a kind of condition which affects blood vessels and the heart. it is linked with higher risks of blood clots and fat deposits in arteries. it might be damage to the arteries in the heart, kidneys, eyes, and brain.
Types of Cardiovascular Diseases:-
There are four types of cardiovascular disease:-
- TIAs and Strokes:- When the blood supply stops to any part of the brain permanently then strokes happen. in this brain can be damaged and even death. if we talk about TIA( transient ischaemic attack) it is similar to strokes but in this condition, blood supply stops temporarily to the brain.
- Aortic Disease:- The largest blood vessel in the human body is the Aorta. aorta effect is due to many conditions. the main aortic disease is an aortic aneurysm. in this, the aorta weakens and bulges outwards.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease:- Peripheral arterial disease happens when there is a blockage in the arteries of the limbs. This condition can cause cramping or dull leg pain, weakness or numbness in the legs, and persistent Sores on your toes, feet legs, etc.
- Coronary Heart Disease:- when the flow of oxygen-rich blood is reduced or blocks the muscles of the heart then this condition happens. this disease puts a lot of pressure on the heart and causes heart attacks, angina, and heart failure.
Signs and Symptoms of Cardiovascular Diseases:-
There are mainly two types of cardiovascular diseases those are heart attack and stroke. there are some symptoms of heart attack these are:-
- Cold sweat
- Breathing difficulty
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in the chest
- Pain in arms, back, jaws, and left arms
Stroke symptoms are:-
- Weakness of arm, face, and leg
- Seeing difficulty
- Walking difficulty
Cardiovascular Diseases Diagnosed:-
There are some tests that doctors perform to diagnose the condition at the hospital. these tests are:-
- Stress test
- Cardiac CT scan
- Cardiac MRI
Risk Factors of Cardiovascular Diseases:-
There are some primary risk factors for cardiovascular diseases those are:-
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Family history
Treatment for Cardiovascular Diseases:-
Below are some treatments for cardiovascular disease:-
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Surgeries like coronary artery bypass grafting and valve replacement or repair surgery
- Medications for blood-thinning diseases, statins, beta-blockers, nitrates, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, angiotensin-2-receptor blockers, calcium channel blockers, diuretics, etc.
Prevent from Cardiovascular Diseases:-
Below are some practices that can help to stay away from cardiovascular disease:-
- Away from alcohol
- Quit smoking
- Balanced diet
- Healthy weight
Hope you all got to know about cardiovascular diseases and their prevention.
Q1:- What is the main cause of cardiovascular disease?
Ans:- high blood pressure, high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, diabetes, smoking.
Q2:- How to prevent cardiovascular disease?
Ans:- Healthy food and drinks, don’t smoke, regular exercise.
Q3:- Which food is good for the heart?
Ans:- Avocados, Nut, salmon etc.